14 March 2009

Life Update

Just a quick post to let everyone know that things are going well here, despite the lack of posts recently. There have been several projects that have been keeping me busy recently and which have distracted me from my bloggerly duties.

For one, my faithful ThinkPad finally died on me. You'll remember it from the screen replacement post in October, unfortunately I didn't get the life out of the screen that I was hoping for. It's final undoing was some undiagnosed hardware problem, if you moved the computer it would just shut down. Given its age, this doesn't come as much of a surprise. I've only just now replaced it with a relatively powerful desktop and a light and highly portable laptop. It's a good combination (even if my attempt to install Xubuntu Linux on the laptop failed, apparently it has one of the few unsupported Intel graphics cards) and I'm quite happy with the result (not to mention that the total price was far less than my ThinkPad was four years ago). I've got Lightroom installed on the desktop with all of my photos transferred over so you should see some pictures soon.

There have been some other projects that I'm not quite at liberty to talk about yet, but you'll be hearing about them in the coming weeks.

Hope all is well for all of you, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment