04 January 2008

Oops

Kind of missed out on December there. Sorry for that one, I know that there are a few of you that have checked this blog everyday since November 25th and I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything since then. Sometimes the act of living life gets in the way of the act of reporting on life and, unfortunately, that's the best explanation that I can give for my internet absence over this past month.

Here's a brief rundown of what's been keeping me busy:

  • Plugging away on everything Ravenchase. It's turned out to be more of a challenge than I had expected and there was an element of shock in that. That said, I've got a pretty clear plan on how to move forward and plenty of support from my colleagues in the US so, hopefully, things will get rolling soon.
  • Sneaking back to the US from Christmas! I did a good job of seeing almost everyone so it should come as a surprise to very few that I was in the US for a few days before and after (and, of course, including) Christmas. It was really great to see everyone and especially fun to surprise everyone. Thanks to Mike for his help in getting me home!
  • Going to central France for the New Year. Esther and I departed for Auvernge the day that I arrived back from the US and spent a few days there with some of her friends from Sciences Po. It was a great time, pictures to come.
  • Starting a little bit of work on the side for Kiela Consulting, a small firm run by an acquaintance of Esther's. French companies are required to pay for a few days of training for all of their employees every year and Kiela offers trainings in a variety of subjects. I'll be giving English and environmental trainings.

So, it's been busy, but I'm back. Expect a posting binge to follow this.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment