27 October 2006

One Sick Monkey


This picture illustrates my state of being last Sunday. I was one sick monkey. I had what French people call la grippe and what normal people call the flu. It all started with a really sore throat in the morning, general fatigue throughout the day and finally a splitting headache and high fever at night. I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all had Esther not walked back to her parents house in the middle of the night to get some paracetamol for me. That brought my fever down and got rid of the headache enough so that I could sleep. That was good because I had to teach a class the following morning at 8am. It wasn't very much fun, but I was able to do it. The sore throat persisted for a few days and my nose is still running a bit, but I'm 95% healthy now. Needless to say, it wasn't a lot of fun and I hope that there aren't too many other Parisian flus that I have to get immunized to the hard way.

I suppose that was the big news for the week. I've been taking the time to organize some photos and post them over on my PicasaWeb page. Here are some from the Paris Auto Show:

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment